When i'm on my way home from work, absolutely starving, the only thing that keeps me from driving right past my apartment to Rubio's or omg Native Foods (at least most of the time) is knowing that I have so many delicious things waiting in my fridge to combine into an amazing new creation! The best thing for one of these occasions is usually something short and sweet, so i'll keep this post just that!
Short and Sweet Squash Soup
Butternut Squash (Mine came in cubes from a bag from Trader Joe's)
1 to 1.5 cups soy milk
Small bunch of parsley leaves
3 or 4 fresh sage leaves
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
Salt and pepper to taste
Smoked paprika for sprinkling (If you haven't tried it before, you simply must!)
- Steam the squash according the TJ's bag. Leftover baked squash also works well. No time to bake squash when you're already hungry!
- Add squash cubes, parsley, sage, shallot, salt, and pepper to magic bullet cup.
- Blend for about 25 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with extra sage and smoked paprika.
- Slice a few diagonals off of a baguette.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Put under the broiler for about 1 minute. Keep checking on it until toasted.
- Once cool to touch, rub half a garlic clove on the toasts.