Friday, April 12, 2013

Lazy Breakfast for Dinner

Sometimes, after a long week full of overscheduled patients, schoolwork, and lack of sleep, cooking something spectacular sounds particularly UNspectacular.

And that's where Breakfast for Dinner comes in!

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite dinners.  I remember when I was growing up, my mom (and gourmet-goddess-cooking-inspiration-extraordinaire) would make breakfast for dinner once in awhile and it always felt like a special occasion!

For a brief, dark period of time as a college sophomore without a meal plan, I pretty much ate (burnt or undercooked) scrambled eggs every night, except for a brief foray into a creation I like to call "sauteed salad with marinara previously opened yet not refrigerated" so breakfast for dinner wasn't quite so novel...

But now, it's still my favorite easy, quick, comfort food dinner :)

Sometimes, it's pancakes, sometimes it's oatmeal, sometimes it's a bagel with all the fixings, but tonight, it was:

The Supereasy Magic Bullet Omelet

Not much to look at, but SUPER yummy!  Someday i'll master the art of the perfectly fluffy, round omelet, but until then, i'll enjoy mine slightly lumpy :)

Crack 2 eggs into the magic bullet cup
Add some veggies or herbs (I was short on veggies so I used fresh garlic and sage)
Blend it up
Pour into pan heated with oil (I used coconut. In a spray can. From Trader Joe's. AMAZING!)
Use your spatula to pull the edges in, and turn the pan so the egg fills in the gaps.
Cover with a pot lid for a minute or so.
Flip the omelet 
(Flip carefully. But don't be too hard on yourself if you break it. It's still going to taste delicious!)
Cook until the other side starts to brown.
Put some shredded cheese (or soy cheese for my lactose intolerant amigos)
Put the lid back on the pan until the cheese melts.
Fold the omelet over.
Eat it!
I like to eat it with a little tabasco sauce.

...and maybe a glass of wine...
it's ok because it's dinner (wait, I thought you said it was breakfast...)
and it's friday!

Happy Weekend!

Stay tuned for Matt's Amazing Exciting Belated Birthday Dinner soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment