Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Espinicas con Garbanzos!

I just have to say, before I say anything else...

THIS WAS SO GOOD!

I got the recipe from, once again, the amaaazing Deb from Smitten Kitchen.

You can click on the link to see it.


I made a few little changes...
I didn't buy enough spinach so I used some of the mixed greens I bought for the fennel salad.
I used sourdough bread (From the bread pitcher!) instead of sandwich bread because it was all I had.
And then when it was ready, I ate it with a little leftover piece of fried sourdough. YUM!

It was DELICIOUS!

The smoked paprika was a perfect touch!

This would make AMAZING appetizers!  You could serve them on little toasts with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and the entire tray would be gone in 5 seconds!


This was also a really quick recipe to make!  You can make all of it in one pot plus the magic bullet so it's easy to clean up after too.  I was starving when I left work and was about to forgo the recipe for a Rubio's burrito but after reading through, I realized the recipe was simpler than it looked.  It probably took 20 minutes from garbanzo can opener to bon appetit.

I was actually a little sad when I finished my plate... I think i'm off to get seconds!

P.S.  I discovered some great new cooking music today. I heard about FreshlyGround on NPR on my way home from work. They're kind of like No Doubt from the 90s but they're from Africa and sound like nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment